10/27/2012 to 10/28/2012
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) is providing a
free webcast for the plenary sessions of its patient engagement
workshop, "Transforming Patient-Centered Research: Building Partnerships
and Promising Models," October 27-28. The workshop is designed to help
PCORI build a patient-centered research community.
participants will help PCORI establish procedures for identifying
research questions, reviewing research proposals for funding, and
ensuring patient participation throughout the research process. It is
the first in a series of workshops aimed at bringing PCORI's vision for
patient and stakeholder engagement to life.
in-person attendance at the workshop is limited and full, following an
open application process, PCORI is providing three opportunities for all
patients and healthcare community members to be a part of the process
and provide input on the workshop's five topics:
- Identifying and Selecting Research Questions
- Reviewing Research Proposals for Funding
- Matching Patients and Stakeholders with Researchers
- Disseminating Research to the Community
- Evaluating PCORI's Patient and Stakeholder Engagement Programs
To take part, you can:
- Watch a live webcast of workshop plenary sessions:
- Saturday, October 27, 8:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m. ET
- Sunday, October 28, 8:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. ET
- Join the conversation on Twitter by following @PCORI and using the #PCORI hashtag during the workshop.
- Provide feedback to PCORI on the workshop topics by email to GetInvolved@pcori.org. Feedback received will be considered as PCORI develops a report on the workshop.
to access the webcast, view the workshop agenda, read more about the
workshop topics and get to know our presenters and facilitators. We look
forward to your participation and feedback as we build a
patient-centered research community.